Hi there, fit like?
I LOVE to read, it’s up there one of my favourite past times. I just love the feeling that books give you, when you can immerse yourself in a whole other world for a while. Also, what’s better than snuggling up on a cold winters night, with candles burning, a nice warm cup of tea and a good book in your hand?
I’ve decided to set myself the challenge this year of reading a book a week, now I am normally a pretty fast reader and do find myself finishing a book off in a week, however I’ve never really done back to back weekly reading, so I’m excited to see how that turns out! To give myself a little leeway, the challenge will actually be 50 books in a year, only because I know one book I want to read is 800 pages long, so that might take me longer than a week!
At the end of each week, I will (fingers-crossed) write up a short book review of the book I’ve read that week! You can find my first review of A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen here.
This list is a mix of some old, some new. Some bought new from retail book shops, others second-hand from my local charity shop!
- A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen
- The One We Fell in Love With by Paige Toon
- The Lie by C. L. Taylor (OMG I read The Missing and The Accident by the same author, LOVED them – definitely recommend)
- Without You by Saskia Sarginson
- Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher (I KNOW how have I NOT read this already, I absolutely adore Gi!)
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (I’ve watched the programme now want to read the books!)
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- The Light Between Oceans by M. L. Stedman
This isn’t the order I will read them in, I’ll chose that week, but these are the books I will be reading over the next few weeks, how many have you read? Did you enjoy them? Please feel free to leave a comment below!
Much love, fae,