Hi there, fit like?
Ooooh, the excitement is real, because I get to say.. welcome to my first peerieannie blog post!! It’s only taken, probably about 7 years of reading other people’s blogs and more recently writing company blogs, but hey, I’ve finally taken the leap and here we are on my very own blog!
I hope you’re all sitting comfortably, whether you’re wrapped up cosy with a nice cuppa tea or on the bus on your way to work (my personal prime time blog reading) because I’m about to let you in on a few little facts about me.. enjoy!
- I love Scotland. From the Highlands, to the islands, to the big cities and everything in between. There is always a stunning view, a friendly smile or a great adventure around every corner. It is my birthplace, my home and I wouldn’t change that for the world.
- I am a total family person. Family is not just something, it’s everything. My family mean the world to me, I’m lucky enough to have the BEST parents in the world (okay, I’m being a bit biased, but they are), a brother I love spending time with and so many more relatives that I am so thankful are in my life.
- I am the queen of Resting Bitch Face. I’m generally a very happy, content person.. a little overly sarcastic, but still happy all the same. However lets just say, my face doesn’t express my joy all the time, but hey, maybe I’ll get less wrinkles when I’m older. So yeah, if you see me and I’m not smiling.. IT’S JUST MY FACE.
- I quit sugar this year. And by golly, it is the best thing I’ve ever done. I feel so much healthier, fitter and generally happier in life. There will be a blog up about my sugar-free journey soon, because it has definitely been an exciting and interesting change of lifestyle for me.
- I am such a bookworm. Reading is up there with one of my favourite hobbies. I love the feeling that books give you, when you can just immerse yourself in a whole other world for a while. Also, what’s better than snuggling up on a cold winters night, with candles burning, a nice warm cup of tea and a good book in your hand.
- I find exercise to be a great stress reliever. A swim, a long walk, a gym session or pilates always give me that feeling of clear headed, achievement. It’s as if I sweat all the stress and worries out of me, and I always feel ten times better for it.
- I am a Christmas addict. I actually don’t think I can put into words how much I love the festive period. Everything about it, the catchy songs, the great films, the cold, frosty mornings, the Christmas markets, the festive decorations, my list could go on, and on, and on. As the song says, it really is the most wonderful time of the year.
- I am a new found lover of gin. Gin seems to be on the up right now, a G&T has turned into the go to drink for many people, myself included. I really have to thank my mum for this (cheers – pardon the pun), who is somewhat, a bit of a gin connoisseur, and seems to be getting my friends into it too.. haha, cheers mum!
- I am a morning person. As much I enjoy staying in bed and sleeping, I never really sleep past 7.30 am, my body clock won’t let me, so I tend to just get up early. Which on the other hand, means I also have to go to bed quite early, but my body likes the routine, and I can get so much more done in the morning, leaving the evenings as a time to relax.
- I am in my element in the countryside. Don’t get me wrong I love living in a big city like Edinburgh, but if you put me in a field, with my wellies, a few sheep and some mud, I’m happy. I’ve grown up with relatives who live in the countryside (Shetland pretty much is just all vast countryside) and I’ve always adore the feeling of freedom and seclusion that standing in a field or traipsing through mud in the great outdoors gives you.
So I’ve now babbled on about myself for ten whole points, but I hope you have enjoyed reading it and have gained a little insight into the life of me, peerieannie.
Please feel free to leave comments below, perhaps share some interesting facts about you.
With love, fae,